Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gearing Up

Whew, it's almost the middle of March!  Where has the time gone to?  Spring is officially here in 12 days so that means it's definitely time to be kicking into high gear in order to be ready for craft show season.  I am already beginning to feel that familiar anxiousness that wells up inside when I begin thinking about my table, display, inventory, etc. before the season gets underway.  Will I have enough items?  Will the items I do have be marketable?  Will people like my work?  Does my table look professional?  Shoot, do I look professional for that matter?  The list of questions goes on and on and on.  In fact, I was exhasuted yesterday and was looking forward to an early night with some good sleep. But, alas, it was not to be.  I dreamed all night long about sewing together this purse that I am working on!  What???  Yeah, I make the mistake of looking forward in the pattern before I went to bed only to discover that I did not understand something in the fianl stages to complete it.  Well, I guess my mind would not let go of  not understanding what to do next and so decided to help me work it out vs. sleep.  UGH!

Any of my fellow artists out there feeling the same way?  If so, what do you do to keep the stess of the craft season in perspective?   

No comments: