Thursday, July 7, 2011

The 3 C's: Crocething, Carbs and Curls

Crocheting:
Well, I've not really spent a great deal of time crocheting for the last few weeks.  I found that I just needed a break plus our AC went out and it was just too HOT to be working with yarn.  However, I have been looking at new patterns and making a list of projects that I want to start, soon.   I'm already booked to do a craft show in November.  I was so excited to get the invite in the mail because I truly loved the venue after going for the first time last year. 

Carbs:  Well, I have finally decided that I need to get back to eating fewer carbs and more protein for better health.  I've been away from that way of eating for almost a year now and I am paying for it.  I am also planning to start exercising again.  I had a knee and foot injury last year that really put the brakes on my previously vigorous exercise routine.  I am essentially starting all over again with my weight loss efforts so this should be interesting.  Sure do wish I could conquer this battle once and for all.  Wouldn't that be a dream?

Curls:
Hair!  I have recently discovered this wonderful forum dedicated to people who have or want to have long hair.  My hair is really growing and its been wonderful to chat with others who understand the specific needs of caring for long hair.  If anyone is interested the website is www.longhaircommunity.com.  On to the curls...I recently purchased a Caruso Steam Setter for curling my hair.  I LOVE that product.  Its a safe, non-damaging way to get curls.  It uses steam vs. heat to curl the hair so the hair benefits from the moisture on the ends.  I'm still practicing with it but so far I've gotten some pretty decent curls that hold for about a day without any styling products.

Well, that's is about as exciting as life gets around here these days.  We're just hanging out and enjoying friends and family this summer, which has been really nice.  Hopefully, all is well with all of you.  Till next time......

2 comments:

Donna K said...

Wonderful post, Angela. I've been missing you in the blog world. So happy to know that you're doing a show in Nov. One day I might just show up and surprise you.

The weight loss/carbs...I'm with you there, girl. A never ending battle. Start slow and know that you are NOT alone!

The curls...wowzer! You show such patience....I'm lazy when it comes to my hair. Short and easy!
I had no idea there were blogs and groups out there for hair. Awesome!

Angela @ Off the Hook said...

Hey Donna,
Yeah, I miss my cyber-friends, too. I hope things are well with you and your family. I see it's time for you all to do the MS ride again, soon. That is awesome!

Yes, I am happy about the show in November, too. That was my all-time favorite place to sell last year. Of course, this year could be entirely disappointing; who knows? So many variables in the craft world.

I'm thinking I'll set up at the K'ville Indie Flea again this fall. It's just too hot to sell crocheted items right now. So, I am working on a few projects here and there and really making what I like. I am also working on fair entries. I cannot believe it is time for that again! This year has really flown by quickly.

Weight loss, what can you say? I hate it but I want/need to do it. I've been eating better for almost a week now and I already feel better. I've got more energy and I've already lost a few pounds so that's encouraging.

I am not as patient as you might think when it comes to my hair, lol. Some days I HATE it, some days I love it and most days I tolerate it. Of course, with the heat of summer it is almost always worn up, which is OK with me because it's not in my way. I have to sleep with it braided now or it gets really tangled. However, when cold weather comes you can beat long hair for warmth! Come on Winter!

You take care, my friend. Thanks for stopping by my blog.